Wednesday, February 4, 2009

PICTURE: Limestone Road by Pro Hart

So, the heat continues.

In this part of the world the weather has been dry and hot, with temperatures reaching 40*C and beyond on a daily basis. In fact, it was only yesterday that the temperature dropped below the 40-mark, "only" reaching 38*C. Yet the rest of the week is expected to be 40+, before a cool change on Saturday night and a more bearable temp of 31*C on Sunday.

BRING ON SUNDAY!

Constant heat like this makes you feel drained, tired, nauseous, and grumpy. Aircon struggles and swimming pools are too hot to swim in. Eating requires too much effort, and no beaverage on earth is completely refreshing. Sleep is consistently calling...

I've spent far too much of my time this past week or so doing very little. Still unpacking boxes and sorting rooms after our recent move (I plan to do an entry on our new abode as soon as I get my computer back and find some motivation); no time to establish any sort of routine, although I have been lucky enough to squeeze in some stewing of fresh plums and peaches (home-grown, of course).

I am learning to live without television at the moment as a freak thunderstorm that hit last Wednesday seems to have interrupted our reception. It drives SJ crazy, but I am discovering that no tv means no distractions and I am instead finding myself busily organising our new house and possibly doing too much reading (although, The Life & Death of Anne Boleyn really is a fascinating read. And here I thought I knew all there was to know!).

When the heat subsides, and my laptop has returned to me (hopefully working as it should and no longer deleting random things from the hard-drive, such as its control panel!), and the house is finally unpacked and organised (please let this weekend be the last!), I will finally be able to establish a routine that includes regular blogging.

In the meantime, if it's hot where you are please stay cool; if you're suffering the cold, ice and snow, please rug up and keep warm; and if you are suffering floods (like the poor souls in Queensland), try not to get too soggy!

Until next time...

~S.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!