Thursday, May 7, 2009

Winter Reading.


Picture from here.


I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading!
How sooner one tires of anything than of a book!
- Jane Austen (Pride & Prejudice)



Winter Reading List (May - August)
Pride &Prejudice by Jane Austen
Persuasion by Jane Austen
Tales of Mystery & Imagination by Edgar Allan Poe
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova



Pre-requisites for perfect Winter reading:
1. Must be read on cold winter afternoons or evenings. Wet and windy out is best.
2. A comfortable lounge or armchair, perfect for slouching.
3. A pot of freshly brewed tea in reach.
4. A toasty warm fireplace, lit in the same room.
5. A good book.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your new fire tonight, I guess you will be sitting as close as you can reading your book.

    Bailey will need you to cuddle up and keep him warm now he has had his nice warm wool cut off.

    xoxmum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stuck with summer reading... but there's a certain charm to that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made some great winter reading picks. I always like to tackle the classics in fall and winter, (September-March, here in the northern hemisphere), because the weather makes me think of school. I'm always a bit more eager to read serious work during the school months. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!