To make these "mini" pasties, you will need:
1. Puff Pastry Sheets (look for a brand that uses vegetable fats, not animal).
2. A selection of vegetables, finely chopped (I used what I had in my fridge at the time, which included 1 small potato, a couple florets of broccoli and cauliflower, half a carrot, half an onion and a quarter of a zucchini).
3. 1 egg
5. Milk, to coat
And to make:
1. Cut your puff pastry sheets into quarters (as pictured above).
2. In a bowl mix your chopped veg and egg.
3. Spoon veg mixture into centre of each puff pastry square (as above)
4. Sprinkle with a little pepper.
5. Brush the edges with a bit of milk, pull together in the shape of a cornish pastie.
6. Brush each pastie with a bit of milk, and put into an oven at 200*C and cook until golden brown.
Thanks to my mum for this wonderful idea!