Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Special Birthday for a Special Pup: 27.6.10






We had a wonderful last Sunday (27.6.10). It was the dog-son's (Bailey) 3rd birthday, so we decided to take a drive to one of our favourite spots in the Flinders Ranges and celebrate with a bush-BBQ lunch.

The weather was splendid: Cool but clear, and SJ's parents, Aunt and Uncle elected to join us for the drive and lunch. There was plenty of good food - including cake - to share, and Bailey was free to chase the scent of rabbits, sheep and kangaroos to his heart's delight!

My only wish is that the photos were better: I ended up having to use the camera on my mobile phone as the batteries in the Olympus went flat before I even had the opportunity to take the first picture. The slight cover of green over the red earth and a bright blue sky made everything feel fresh and new, and reminded me that even though it might be chilly, Winter in the Flinders is such a beautiful time of year.

1 comment:

  1. I found your site through the Australian Book Bloggers Directory! I love meet fellow book bloggers, and Australian book bloggers even more! Nice to meet you :)

    What a goregous dog! :)

    Rachel
    And the plot thickens...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!