* Our week started at the beach, where Shane went fishing and caught himself a King George Whiting. Just the one. And nothing else.
* Bailey-dog and I spent our seaside getaway taking strolls along the beach where there was oodles of seaweed to investigate and plenty of seagulls to chase.
* It was hot when we got home. Or perhaps the absence of a sea breeze makes things feel hotter than they actually are? Although, it is 41*C (106*F) today and that is decidedly H-O-T.
* Prior to the temperature well and truly soaring, Bailey-dog and I spent some time outside on Friday: I wrote letters whilst he went to sleep on the grass.
* I picked a cabbage! And it had no grubs or bugs! After the broccoli went straight to seed and with the birds determined to dig out and eat all my new seedlings, this single cabbage makes me pleased beyond measure. Tomorrow it will become coleslaw.