Saturday, June 22, 2013

365 Mail Art Project: Weeks 35, 36 & 37

I don't mean for there to be three weeks between mail art posts, it just seems to happen that way of late. In the past three weeks I've been on holiday, been to Adelaide, and fallen sick with the winter sniffles twice. I must admit there hasn't been much time for mail art, but I am determined to finish this project and get as close to the 365 pieces in 365 days as I can!
 
I've so many paper scraps lying about in my craft drawer that were too good to throw out, so I decided to start putting them to good use.
 
First, I made envelopes out of 120gsm card/paper stock, then I painstakingly cut each strip of paper to approximately 1cm in width and added the ribbon finish. Each strip was then glued to the envelope in a random pattern.
 
 
#120 of 365:
For Laura in Australia...
 

 
#121 of 365:
For Dora in New Zealand...
 

 
#122 of 365:
For Turea in England...
 
 
Using the same technique, I then made flat cards. Being cards and not envelopes, the front is only part of the design. The flipside of the cards contains my message, and I'm contemplating sending them out in clear envelopes stitched at the edges.


 
#123 of 365:
For Amy in Australia...
 

 
#124 of 365:
For Alison in England...
 

 
#125 of 365:
For Robert in Slovakia.
 
 
Albiet a little time-consuming with all the cutting and pasting, this design is really easy to replicate, so if you've been contemplating having a crack at some mail art yourself but have been stuck for inspiration, something similar to this would be a good place to start.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. These are absolutely beautiful! I love them all - envelopes and cards... lucky receivers! :)
    Cheers from the other side of the worlds...
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like the reddish and blackish ones. So elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!