Not a lot has been happening around these parts lately. The weather has been somewhat inconsistent and rather awful (hot. Windy. Dusty. That kind of thing), so a lot of time has been spent inside.
I received this recipe for Banana Choc Muffins from my penpal, Ursa, in Slovenia sometime ago and I finally got around to making it.
It has been awhile since I've shared a recipe, so here's my (slightly altered from original) version:
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon bi-carb soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large bananas, pureed
1/3 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
* Preheat oven to 180*C. Line 12 muffin cups with paper cups. Set aside.
* Add flour, cocoa, sugar, soda and salt in a bowl and mix together using a whisk.
* In a separate bowl mix bananas, oil, eggs and vanilla.
* Add the wet mix to the dry mix and using a wooden spoon, stir until combined.
* Use a large scoop to fill the paper cups with batter and bake in oven for 30 minutes (or until done).
I like to eat them warm with a bit of butter.
Shane likes to smother his in chocolate icing, which I contend turns them into cupcakes, but either way they are simply delicious.