Sunday, December 1, 2013

A Postcrossing Adventure: Week 3

This week I want to know: Are you a Postcrosser too?
And do you blog your own Postcrossing adventures? Because I'd love to follow them, and link back to your blog from mine if you do.
 
 
 
Week 3
 
 
// outgoing:
 
 
This week I sent another THREE cards via Postcrossing. Three seems to be a manageable amount each week at the moment, although I'm hopeful with some time off work over the Christmas holiday season I might find time to send out more.
 
This week I sent three First Day of Issue maxicards: An Australasian Antarctic Expedition 1911-14 FDC to the Netherlands (AU-321461); an Indigenous Leaders FDC of Shirley Smith to Russia (AU-321943); and a Surfing Australia FDC to the Ukraine (AU-322165).
 
 
 
Postcrossing postcards sent to date: 9
All time: 65
 
 
 
// incoming:

 
This past week I received another whopping FIVE postcrossing postcards in the post!
These included gnomes from Russia (RU-2145285), a vampire from Canada (CA-389293), heartfelt greetings from the Ukraine (UA-825473), amazing architecture from Belarus (BY-1083997), and traditional foods (?) from China (CN-1120099).
 
My favourite message this week came from Xintong in China, who wrote:
 
"My name in Xintong. I am 20 years old. I study accounting at Jinan University. I plan to travel to Australia after my graduation. I think it is really a amazing place. I tried to do a bookcrossing programme when I am in high school. It's a pity that it didn't work out. I keep running since this term. Hope I can have a better physical condition when I try skydiving this oncoming winter holiday. By the way, my favourite writer is Jostein Gaarder. I read his book Maya and The Solitaire Mystery so many times."
 
 
Postcrossing postcards received to date: 13
All time: 75

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I'm a Postcrosser, too. And it's addictive!
    However, I have stopped for some time in order to make more mail art.. But now the Postcrossing addiction is back again :-)

    I don't blog about the received or sent postcrossing cards (I 'keep' them in my postcard walls), but I do blog sometimes about some of the postcards / swaps I receive or send out besides postcrossing. And recently I discovered 'Sunday Stamps', and for that I'm looking up stamps from all my older PC-cards, which I add to my blog 'nog meer post' (= still more mail).

    And wow, you are sending beautiful cards! I don't know Shirley Smith, but I love that picture!
    Here in the Netherlands Maxicards are very hard to get, so usually I'm sending out 'regular' postcards (and do my utmost to try to find a suitable card for each receiver, so funny to see how everybody likes different types of cards / themes!).

    Thank you for blogging about PC, it's a joy to see and read!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!