Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Postcrossing Adventure: Week 11

Week 11
 
// outgoing:


Subconsciously, I must be craving the ocean, since I sent TWO postcards this week, both featuring the beach. It's understandable. It has been very hot here, afterall!
 
I sent kangaroos beside the seaside to the Netherlands (AU-331943), and one of my own photographs of Talia Beach on the Eyre Peninsula (which I had printed as postcards) to Taiwan (AU-331944).
 

 
 
 
// incoming:

 
The manner in which the Postcrossing cards appear in my letterbox is a mystery to me. I understand the concept (send a card to stranger, get a card from a stranger in return), but I seem to always have more cards received than what I have sent, or even pending to be registered. I have to trust that Postcrossing has it right, and I'm certainly not complaining as this week I received another EIGHT cards: Two from the USA (US-2571621 and US-2571673), two from the Netherlands (NL-2272922 and NL-2277681), and one each a piece from Finland (FI-1978209), Germany (DE-2810503), China (CN-1179908), and Russia (RU-2306764).
 
My favourite note this week came from Seren in the USA, who wrote:
"I'm an avid letter writer and mail artist living in Columbus, Ohio, USA. I've been a Postcrosser for over 8 years and I love it. I really enjoy mail. Having a full mailbox is like going to a great party full of really interesting people. I get Postcrossing cards of course, but I also get a lot of art from my 'friends'...People I've never met other than via mail."
 
 
 
Postcrossing postcards sent to date: 25
All time: 85
 
 
Postcrossing postcards received to date: 33
All time: 95

1 comment:

  1. I've had sometimes the same feeling: that they arrive more postcards than I send...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!