Sunday, March 30, 2014

Smash & Scrap

 
I've been rediscovering old hobbies like scrapbooking and smash books. I found some unfinished projects in the cupboard: A scrapbook album of our holiday to New Zealand in 2011, my first ever smash book, half-planned and barely started travel journals of our camping adventures on the Eyre Peninsula, and of my trip to Sydney in 2012.
 
I remember putting them away, thinking that I would return to them when I had more time, and then promptly forgot about them entirely. But it would be nice to finish them, and to start some new projects once they are done. I create a lot of scrap and smash book type things that always end up being sent to other people, but I've never actually finished a project for myself. How bizarre!
 
So, since I (in theory) have more time on my hands these days, I thought now would be the perfect opportunity to take the hobby back up, and as such, I've spent a fair portion of my weekend sorting through photos, keepsakes, card stock and embellishments, and searching ideas on Instagram, Pinterest and blogs.
 
Now I am just itching to get started!
 
Do you smash and/or scrap?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!