Monday, June 23, 2014

A Postcrossing Adventure: Weeks 30, 31 & 32

Week 30
// outgoing: 
TWO cards went out in week 30 of my Postcrossing challenge: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge with Prince George (AU-358520) went to the Ukraine, and a viewcard of the Painted Desert (near Coober Pedy here in South Australia) was sent to Finland (AU-358521).
Week 31
// outgoing: 
Another TWO cards went out in week 31: The last of my Leichhardt First Day of Issue postcards to Germany (AU-360025), and a wonderful shot of Memory Cove on the Eyre Peninsula was sent to the USA (AU-360026).

Weeks 30 & 31
// incoming: 
Over the course of the fortnight I received a total of EIGHT cards: Two came in from the Netherlands (NL-2503004 and NL-2503003), and another pair from Germany - postcards of the same lighthouse, no less (DE-3191018 and DE-3220361)!
I also received one a piece from Taiwan (TW-1270571), Romania (RO-85123), Russia (RU-2306779), and China (CN-1313987).

Week 32
// outgoing: 
We were away vacationing on Kangaroo Island this week, so I wasn't able to scan in the postcards prior to sending them. Tacky photos don't quite cut it, do they?
A postcard of Remarkable Rocks I sent to Belarus (AU-360679), and the Penneshaw sunset postcard sent to the Netherlands (AU-360680) - posted from the island itself.

// incoming: 
Just the one card came in this week, from Belarus (BY-1298534).

Postcrossing postcards sent to date: 67
All time: 123
Postcrossing postcards received to date: 65
All time: 122
Expired postcards to date: 2


  1. Lovely postcards Sarah. My local post office is always light on with the maxicards which is a pity and I've been surprised by the lack of postcards available in some tourism centres too. I did manage to find a nice pack of the Australia Post pre-paid postcards this week which I'm happy about.

    1. Tracy: If you are ever in need of some postcard variety, let me know. I'd be happy to exchange a few pre-paid cards and maxicards. I can't get them from my local post office (too small), but the next town over has them. Sometimes, maxicards are also available at the Post Shop online.


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!