The simple Cauliflower is one of my favourite vegetables.
Last weekend I made the yummiest cauliflower bake.
Here is what you'll need:
450g Cauliflower, broken into florets
2 large Potatoes, cubed
100g Cherry tomatoes
2 tblspn butter, or vegetarian margarine
1 leek, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
25g plain (all-purpose) flour
75g mixed grated vegetarian cheese (cheddar & parmesan are yum!)
1/2 tspn Paprika
2 tblpsn chopped, flat-leaf parsley
Salt & Pepper
Chopped fresh parsley to garnish
1. Cook the cauliflower & potatoes and then drain well.
2. Melt butter (or margarine) in a saucepan and saute the leek and garlic.
3. Add flour and cook for a further minute.
4. Remove pan from heat and gradually stir in the milk, 50g cheese, the paprika and parsley.
5. Return the pan to the heat and bring to boil, stirring. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Spoon the cauliflower into a deep ovenproof dish. Add the cherry tomatoes and top with the potatoes.
7. Pour the sauce over the top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
8. Cook in a pre-heated oven at 180*C (350*F) for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling.
9. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
NOTE: The sauce can also be prepared in a microwave, if you are short on time.