Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Mail Out: To Russia, With Love...

[Pink carnation in bloom]


Saturday morning we woke to rain. It was silent, misty rain; the kind that is so fine it doesn't make a noise but you can feel it gently falling when you stand out in it. The kind of rain that makes everything damp but doesn't leave puddles.

It rained all morning. The carnations loved it.

[Yulia's letter and my reply]


And so did I.

It wasn't too cold, so I sat outside under the veranda and wrote my penpal Yulia in Russia, watching the gentle rain fall over the back garden until it finally dissipated when the sun started breaking through around noon.




Written correspondence has been a hobby of mine for a long time, & Monday Mail Out is a weekly feature whereby I can share my love for the lost art of letter writing. I hope my experiences will encourage others to send out letters on Monday too, and have them rediscover the joy of sending and receiving mail. If you have a blog, feel free to join in.

1 comment:

  1. The rain was lovely wasn't it? It would have been nice for you to sit outside and write :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!