Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Creativity...


Last week I actually found the time to sit down and do some paper crafts, for the first time in a long time. In fact, I think the last time I did any sort of craft was prior to Christmas, when I put together some scrapbooking pages as gifts (although, I wasnt all that impressed with how they turned out. My creative vision simply didnt transcribe to the pages very well).

I have been eagerly reading blogs like Gathering Dust, Jennifer McGuire Ink, and Paper Cakes (amongst others), whose creativity inspired me to make an effort and find some of my own. Although, I must admit that their stuff is so much nicer than mine - I am so out of practice!

Last Friday it was my "little" (= not-so-little) brother's thirteenth birthday, and since boys arent really all that impressed by cards, I decided to make a gift envelope to shove some money into instead.


The envelope measured around 3"x 2", and was decorated with a picture of a "soccer boy" (since my brother is obsessed with this sport), ribbon, and a brad.

Inside I placed a little tag, attached to some cotton, temptingly left hanging out the side of the envelope. Around the tag I then wrapped some money, so that when the envelope was opened and the tag pulled out, the money would come out with it, like so:

I've no idea what my brother thought of it, but I was most pleased with my little creation!

I have also signed up for a greeting card swap over at Swap-Bot, so on the weekend I made those as well.

I used scrapbooking paper and card, die-cuts, paper flowers, brads, and cut the woman out of an an old 1920s poster advertising stockings. I really hope my partner will like them!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!