2 tbsp peanut oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 medium green capsicum (bell pepper), chopped
1 medium red capsicum (bell pepper), chopped
1 pak choy, cut in strips
1 small zucchini (courgette), sliced
1 cup green beans/sno-peas, chopped
1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
Broccoli florets (as much as you desire)
2 tspn light brown sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 cup liquid vegetable stock
salt a pepper
Asian noodles (udon, rice, or hokkein noodles)
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add chopped pak choy, zucchini, beans, carrot and broccoli and let boil for 30 seconds. Drain well.
2. In a wok or large frying pan add peanut oil and heat until almost smoking. Add onion and garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute.
3. Add capsicum and remaining veg. Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
4. Add sugar, soy sauce, stock and salt and pepper (to taste) and stir through vegetables.
5. Put noodles in a bowl and pour over boiling water. Let sit for 1 minute. Drain well. Add noodles to veg and stir through, then serve whilst hot.
Serves 2 -4 adults (depending on how much of the noodles you add).