Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday Mail Out: Mail in...


"Sir, more than kisses, letters mingle souls; for, thus friends absent speak". ~John Donne


Last week in Monday Mail Out I stated that for me, half the joy of written correspondence is receiving it.

So, this week I thought I'd share with you two pieces of mail that arrived in my letterbox last week: Postcards sent by friends merely to let me know that despite their silence I've not been forgotten.






This card is from Astrid, who is Dutch but currently living and working in Austria. She sent this postcard whilst visiting family in the Netherlands, and always sends the prettiest, most interesting cards: Astrid has her own online shop for them, Cardcetera.







The second came from Monika in the Czech Republic, a viewcard with landscape images of various regions in her country, which has made me all the more eager to visit there someday!

The postcards are magnificent: Both 8.5" x 6" in size, the largest I've ever seen!


Written correspondence has been a hobby of mine for a long time, & Monday Mail Out is a weekly feature whereby I can share my love for the lost art of letter writing. I hope my experiences will encourage others to send out letters on Monday too, and have them rediscover the joy of sending and receiving mail. If you have a blog, feel free to join in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!