Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Week in Pictures...


 
* I started sorting through the photos in the photo album of our house that came with the house. Some of the photos look as though they date back to the 1970s. I find them fascinating.
 
* I used grapefruit, oranges and lemon to make seven jars of marmalade.
 
* Shane was sick with a 'flu bug this week so Bailey-dog and I camped in the spare room so as to avoid his germs. Bailey-dog is a bed hog.
 
* The garden is blooming, but everything is looking painfully dry already and it's only September. I dread January.
 
* I found the German/English dictionary I won in 1992 when I was 11 years old. I remember being presented with the dictionary but I don't remember the competition. Funny how the brain filters stuff in and out.
 
 


5 comments:

  1. The pink against the green in your garden is beautiful. I love printing and sorting photos for the album. I have a stack here that need to go into albums - I need to get to that soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I look at the old photographs of our house I notice something I hadn't seen before. Last week it was that our house used to be #4, but it now #6. I wonder when and why it changed?
      ~S.

      Delete
  2. the marmalade you made looks so yummy. :)

    and those photos that came with the house are fashinating indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sorcha
    seven jars of marmalade is great! I love marmalade and homemade is simply the best!
    Sorry to hear of Shanes flu....my George had similar last week with raging temperature which meant I had to work from home...I hope Shane is better now!

    Love the pic of Bailey, I imagine he is a best friend, he looks like he would love to snuggle alongside you in bed for the night? He endorses my want for a dog of my own one day.
    Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bailey-dog is most definitely a BFF, and he gives the best morning cuddles. Although, I do wish he wouldn't wake so early...
      ~S.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!