Friday, January 18, 2013

365 Mail Art Project: Week 15

Over the past four years or so I've collected a number of gardening magazines with landscaping ideas that are simply impractical for our climate, but instead I've found them quite useful for mail art purposes.
 
Before throwing them into the recycling I now pilfer the best pictures and turn them into envelopes. Earlier this week I was watching birds enjoy the sprinklers in the backyard and was inspired to make these birdy envelopes.
 
 
 
#46 of 365:
Birdy no. 1 is for Hannah in England...
 

 
#47 of 365:
Birdy no. 2 is for Ashley in Canada...
 

 
#48 of 365:
Birdy no. 3 will be on its way to Rusty in the USA...
 

 
#49 of 365:
...Whilst Birdy no. 4 has a much shorter journey to Jen in Queensland.
 
 
I'd also like to say a big thank you for all the comments and emails I've received in response to this project. I haven't yet had the opportunity to reply to everyone (I'm easily overwhelmed) but really appreciate the encouragement. I also wanted to let those people still waiting for something know that they will receive a piece of mail art from me - eventually.
 
I'm also still looking for more people to send mail art to, so if you'd like to receive something pretty and handmade in the post please email me with your details and I'll add you to my list.
--> sorcha (dot) sidhe (at) gmail (dot) com

3 comments:

  1. Hallo! :)
    I wanted to check to see if you were able to receive my email alright!? I read ahead a bit, and saw that you were not feeling very well, so I can understand if your reply is delayed! :/ The email didn't bounce back to me, but sometimes I notice my emails do not always arrive either! :/ Continued creative bliss with your 365s!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jorie,
      Yes, I received your emails. Unfortunately, I don't always have the time to reply straight away, but rest assured they are in my inbox, I enjoyed hearing from you and I will certainly send you some mail art in the very near future. :)
      ~S.

      Delete
  2. Hallo, S! :)
    Ooh, thank goodness! :) I am thankful I stopped by tonight to check in on your blog {which is always inspiring by the way!} as much as to confirm you had my mail! I will be delighted by the unexpected joy of seeing you in my mailbox! No rush at all! I love how you upcycle zines and other items. I thought I was alone in that regard, as I did it before the blogosphere took off! Laughs. Everything you create is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!