Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Week in Pictures...

 
 
** It was a pretty uneventful week, despite the burst of cooler weather.
 
** I reorganised and sorted and cleaned.
 
** I came down with an ear infection. I could put up with the fever, the lethargy and the general ickiness, but I could not handle the pain. I didn't complete any of the mail art pieces I started because I spent most of my time on the lounge watching nothings on television and feeling sorry for myself.
 
** I finished one fantastic book and started another.
 
** I whittled away an afternoon in the kitchen after an electricity blackout (hurray for gas cooking!) and made tomato soup, herb foccacia, and preserved eggplant in oil.
 
** Shane had work in Port Germein so the Bailey-dog and I tagged along and went for a splash on the beach. The tide was out - perfect for a certain Spoodle that cannot swim, although he still managed to dive head-first into one of the creeks (estuary?) after misjudging its depth. He got a mouthful of sea water and splashed his way back to the bank. Funniest thing I ever saw.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Fun, fun, fun!

    Hope your ear is getting better :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your ear infection has gone. Bailey looks so cute in his harness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sorcha,

    It is always a joy hearing from you. Sorry to hear about you ear ache. Hope you are now feeling better?!

    Take care,

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh mate, I hope your ear clears up quickly! Ear infections are the worst.

    Bailey looks very dashing in his car harness. We need a more secure one for Lucy, she's a proper wiggler. I'm considering gaffer tape.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your spoodle is adorable! I hope you're recovering ok from your ear infection, they can be very unpleasant.

    Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That soup looks pretty yummy! Hope you are feeling better, ear infections are awful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!