Monday, December 7, 2009

Baked Figs with Vanilla Icecream

Apologies for my absence.

Does anyone else find that during November and December everyday life seems to pick up speed? Suddenly there are so many more things that need doing, yet seemingly less time in which to do them. Or, at least, that is how I feel at the moment.

I do have photos from November that I want to share, and will share at some point in the very near future, but right now I simply must, must, must tell you about this fantastically easy and delicious recipe for baked figs that I (surprisingly) found the time to make on the weekend.

All you need is:
12 figs, sliced in half
2 tspn sugar
300ml sherry
4 whole peppercorns
3 tbspn honey + extra for serving
Vanilla ice cream (made with buttermilk is best)

All you need to do is:
1. Place sliced figs facing up in large ovenproof dish.
2. Sprinkle evenly with sugar.
3. Poor sherry over figs.
4. Add peppercorns to dish.
5. Drizzle honey over figs.
6. Place in oven at 180*C and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Remove figs from dish and allow to cool, and pour remaining sauce into saucepan. Simmer on a moderate heat until the liquid has reduced by two-thirds, then chill in fridge.
8. Serve figs drizzled in sauce and extra honey with scoops of vanilla icecream.


Yum!
(This recipe is a variation of the one I found here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!