Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Postcrossing Adventure: Weeks 23 & 24

Week 23
 
// outgoing: 
 
A bit of bad luck this week: The vintage postcard from the London Transport Museum that I sent during Week 15 to the Ukraine (AU-337684) expired after having not been registered within 60 days. Perhaps it got lost, or perhaps the recipient has been distracted by the recent political turmoil in his country. Unless, by some miracle, it turns up, I guess I'll never know!
 
So, I sent another TWO cards: A Joan of Arc art card to China (AU-349141), and an Australian Game First Day of Issue card to the UK (AU-349142).
 
 
 
 
// incoming:
 
Finally, a card! A beautiful, snow-filled card from Germany (DE-3055229)!
 
 
 
 
 
Week 24
 
// outgoing:
 
Another TWO cards went out this week: Life's a beach for Germany (AU-350204), and the dazzling glamour of Sydney Harbour is on its way to the USA (AU-350517).

 
 
 
// incoming:

And would you believe it? SEVEN cards arrived in my letterbox this week, all on the same day! There were two from Hong Kong (HK-230790 and HK-232324), and one each from Hungary (HU-67729), the UK (GB-532581), Poland (PL-875188), Spain (ES-286896), and Austria (AT-177038).
 
 
My favourite message came from Chris in Hong Kong, who wrote:
"How are you doing today? Enjoying the lovely sunshine in Australia? Actually, I come from a similar city called Hong Kong, where you can get the same amount of sunlight. But trust me, you don't want to come here in the raining season as umbrella's no use while you're in such heavy rain. I haven't been to Australia, but I went to New Zealand last summer and the weather there is so changeable! The rain usually caught me off guard while I was there!"


 
 
Postcrossing postcards sent to date: 51
All time: 108
 
 
Postcrossing postcards received to date: 45
All time: 107

3 comments:

  1. Glad you received some cards. I've gone two days straight without the postman even stopping at my letterbox. No bills which is good but no letters/ postcards either. I think I prefer something everyday rather than them all arriving at once. Yes, I am quite silly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Tracy! It is far more enjoyable to get one or two cards every day, rather than a heap all at once. Makes the fun last longer! :)
      ~S.

      Delete
  2. I got a pen pal letter yesterday and dropped a reply in the mail box this morning. Today I got a letter from my foster son's school about a geography trip and a delivery from Amazon. The school trip sounds interesting but it's for a controlled assessment so actually could be really boring lol. I think I possibly owe you a reply somewhere along the line - I think I will make sure I get writing this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!