3/4 cup plain (all-purpose) flour
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup milk
2 tblspn wholegrain mustard
Pinch of salt
2 tblspn olive oil
2 tblspn butter
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 onion, cut into eight
2 carrots, cut lengthwise
1 cup french green beans, chopped
50g canned sweetcorn
1 cup broccoli florets
2 tomatoes, seeded and cut into chunks
1 tspn wholegrain mustard
1 tspn dried mixed herbs
1. To make the batter, sieve flour + pinch of salt into large bowl. Make a well in centre and beat in the eggs and milk until smooth. Add mustard and leave to stand.
2. Pour oil into an oven-proof dish and heat in oven for 10 minutes at 200*C.
3. To make the filling, melt butter in frying-pan (skillet) and saute garlic and onion for 2 minutes, stirring.
4. Steam carrots, broccoli and beans until tender. Drain well and add to the frying-pan with sweetcorn, mustard and herbs. Stir together.
5. Remove dish from oven and pour in batter*. Spoon the vegetables into the centre and return to oven to cook for 30 - 40 minutes until the batter has risen and set.
*Oil must be hot when batter is poured into dish so that it starts to rise and set immediately.