Wednesday, June 15, 2011

In the Garden: Winter Planting

 Standard Rose (White)

Bush Rose (Pink & Yellow)

Peacherine

Apricot (Trevatt)


It's so good to be able to get out into the garden and plant things, even in the middle of winter!

SJ and I busied ourselves over the long weekend with planting some bareroot roses and fruit trees.

It is our first attempt at growing these, so we have started small: Just two rose bushes to accompany the standard rose we moved from the front yard to the back, along with a peacherine and apricot tree, both of which do not require a pollinator. If we have success (meaning, if they don't die) we will plant more next winter.

Now I really cannot wait for spring, when the garden will burst with colour, and I can really get my hands dirty just sowing, planting, and growing...

2 comments:

  1. makes me want to go out and get my hands an knees dirty in our garden!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how inspiring! Now i want to plant!!

    :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!