Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday Mail Out: Snail Mail Love...

[Letters waiting to be posted]


[A letter in progress]


"Or don't you like to write letters. I do because it's such a swell way to keep from working and yet feel you've done something".
~ Ernest Hemingway





Written correspondence has been a hobby of mine for such a long time, & Monday Mail Out is a weekly feature whereby I can share my love for the lost art of letter writing. I hope my experiences will encourage others to send out letters on Monday too, and have them rediscover the joy of sending and receiving mail. If you have a blog, feel free to join in.

5 comments:

  1. You have luck friends indeed, it is rare for me to write a letter but it's always lovely to receive them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to receive a hand written letter.

    The only person I write to these days is my sister in the UK. I have a bad habit of writing a couple of pages and putting it aside until I have time to write more . I usually forget about it, find it weeks later and decide it's old news and throw it out...........

    Once I found a letter 5 pages long, back and front and had a lovely time reading about news that happened 12 months prior, lol...........

    Must make more of an effort.......♥ your little stack of letters waiting to be posted.......

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire: Write as much as you have time for and then post it. Letters don't need to be long, they just need to be sent. ;) Perhaps you should send letters as notecards or postcards? They won't take as long to write, and they're cheaper to post than a letter... Just a thought?
    ~S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! It's my old "Woman in Black" stationery! It's good to know that it still gets used... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie: The "Woman in Black" stationery was one of my all-time favourites! :) I've used the last of it up now, alas!
    ~S.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!