Sunday, October 13, 2013

A hoarder of books...



I read a lot. On average I probably get through one to two books a month, but due to lack of space I am unable to keep them all. One day I hope to have somewhere to keep all my books, when we finally finish the renovations and I get my long-hoped-for floor to ceiling bookshelves.
 

 
In the meantime, however, I have one bookshelf (which I've had since childhood) and all the books that didn't fit have been randomly piled and placed wherever I could get away with putting them. Far too many recipe books have been mixed in with gardening books, magazines and novels. Nothing made any sense, and trying to find a particular book and/or magazine was a frustrating exercise.


In addition to the random piles of books about the place, there are boxes of books in storage, most of which I have read, but many which I'd be quite content to browse again at leisure (such as my copy of The Norton's Anthology of Poetry - love it!).
 
So, since the weather has been absolutely atrocious today (not even the Bailey-dog could stand to be out in it), I figured it was the perfect opportunity to satisfy my OCD cravings and re-organise my books (well, most of them, anyhow), and to make room for the selection of new ones that will be arriving in the post over the coming weeks (Yes, I have ordered more. I was bored and it couldn't be helped!).



All the practical books - recipes, gardening, travel, reference texts - are now altogether on the same shelf.
 
The magazines are stacked and packed neatly away in a cupboard, and the novels and history books are set out (according to size) in the main bookshelf.
 
Easily accessible, ready to browse.
 
It's like having my very own, extremely quaint personal library.
 
Do you like to read, and are you a hoarder of books too?



1 comment:

  1. I think I know where you get that hoarding of books from ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!