Whole Orange* Cake
1 Whole Orange* - skin and all
180g butter, melted
1 Cup Caster Sugar
1.5 Cups Self-Raising Flour
1. Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 180*C.
2. Process whole orange until pureed.
3. In a large mixing bowl place flour, sugar, melted butter, eggs and orange puree.
4. Using an electric beater, mix on low until combined, and then on high for approximately 2 to 3 minutes, until mixture is light and fluffy.
5. Pour mixture into greased baking tin, and bake in oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
Once cool, either top with citrus icing or dust with icing sugar.
* I've also used this recipe to make lemon cake.