Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday Mail Out: Xmas Mail...



Has it been a week already? I have certainly been kept busy, what with all the shopping online in my pyjamas.

Got to love the internet!

This impressive pile of parcels was waiting for me when I got home from work today. I just love this time of year, even if the the goodies inside aren't actually for me. Sure, they're addressed to me, but the most of what came today are Christmas presents for other people.

The one right on top is for me, though: A letter from Nicola (it was her birthday today, by the way).

A day that brings a letter is a good day indeed.



Written correspondence has been a hobby of mine for a long time, & Monday Mail Out is a weekly feature whereby I can share my love for the lost art of letter writing. I hope my experiences will encourage others to send out letters on Monday too, and have them rediscover the joy of sending and receiving mail. If you have a blog, feel free to join in.

1 comment:

  1. I used to write tons of letters, now I mostly start something, only to drop it after a few lines. Two weeks ago, I wrote a letter to my old friend and penpal though, and today I received a huge pile of letters in a self-created envelope, just like the good old days. To be honest, I cried tears of joy and thankfulness. And then to read this post... like it's meant to be!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!