Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Week in Pictures...









* With the arrival of the first jonquils in the garden and the warmer weather I am absolutely convinced that spring has arrived. No doubt Mother Nature will prove me wrong soon enough.

* My radishes may be a funny shape but they taste fantastic!

* Does anyone else watch 'Gardening Australia'? Am I the only one who thinks Costa looks like Grug?

* Imbolc passed this week in the Southern Hemisphere.

* Bailey-dog gets so excited and says hello to everyone that walks past the cottage on the weekends (and by hello I mean he barks relentlessly).

* A work colleague and I have decided to have a lemon meringue bake-off so I've been practicing. Still need to work on the base but the pie I made this week had perfect filling and meringue. The local agricultural show will be held in a couple weeks and I've persuaded SJ to take me. It will be the first time we've been together and I cannot wait, especially since I discovered this week that it is a true agricultural show with animals and competitions and all!


2 comments:

  1. yes to Grug and Costa, the best personalities! I love gardening Australia, was a little hectic at screening time this week - much to my disappointment,OOOh lemon meringue, yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemon meringue is one of my favourites I love to eat it in the summer :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!