Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Week in Pictures...

 
 
 
** At the start of the week we ventured out to a friend's property in search of firewood, and to get us out of the house for a few hours. It was sunny but the breeze was a little on the cool side. The land was barren - not a blade of grass. Normally at this time of year we would expect to see a gentle carpet of new green across the landscape, but this year the rains have been few and far between. However, we've our fingers crossed that with a negative Indian Ocean Dipole developing we'll be seeing an increase in the rainfall over the coming months.
 
** We did, however, get two full days of rain this week. In the end we received about 25mm in total, enough to sprout weeds rights through the garden and to rejuvenate the lawn. In the past two weeks the average daily temperature has also dropped by about 10 degrees Celsius, and the nights are slipping down to around 5 degrees with dew. But the fire is alight and inside the cottage it is toasty warm. It is my favourite time of year, perfect for snuggling under blankets with a hot cup of tea and a good book.
 
** The mail art project continues, which I dabble with in the evenings. I've developed an annoying habit of leaving things only half finished, which is why I tend not to have pictures to share every week. I'm focusing on catching up with my letter-writing at the moment, as in the past few weeks I have fallen terribly behind. The mountain of mail on my desk would be daunting even to the most seasoned correspondent, but I'll get there. Eventually.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!